The Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP) is primarily responsible for ensuring that services are provided as required by the individual’s Person Directed Plan (PDP). This position may also train and supervise direct care Team Members.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, implement, and monitor individual program plans
- Supervise training and day habilitation activities on behalf of the consumer
- Regularly monitors datasheets, noting regression and progression of stated goals
- Ensures each individual active treatment is integrated, coordinated, and monitored that objectives for the individual are implemented in a timely manner
- Integrates total program plan with day habilitation activities
- Ensures the delivery of case management services as evidenced by the outcome of consumer and family satisfaction and program surveys
- Monitors caseload by observing and evaluating treatments and responses; advocates for needed services; obtains additional resources, intervenes in crises, and provides personal support
- Communicates with Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) all aspects of consumer care and any changes in conditions
- Coordinates IDT meetings as necessary ensure documentation is completed and filed
- Assesses and makes suggestions regarding Team Members and consumer interactions and center activities
- Assists with Team Member training directly related to individual care and treatment
- Reviews consumer utilization sheets for over/underutilization; adjust as necessary
- Ensures compliance with ICF/MR program principles
- All work performed after 40 hours in a workweek must be approved by your Supervisor
- Perform all other job duties as assigned by your Supervisor
- May supervise Team Members as assigned
- Responsible for employment actions in the respective area including, but not limited to, training, interviewing, hiring, disciplining, rewarding, evaluating, and terminating of employees
- Ensures corrective action process is followed if Team Members fail to meet the required expectations of the Company or if Company policies and/or procedures are violated
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws
- May schedule pre-employment, random, and post-accident drug screens
Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of the ICF-MR, HCS, DB-MD, DADS, and TxHmL Waiver programs and TDMHMR
- Bachelor’s degree in social services field from an accredited university/college or equivalent experience
- LVN or RN or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Two years supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work in a professional environment, team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
We believe it’s our job to take care of the PEOPLE (you) who take care of our PEOPLE (individuals we serve)! Therefore, we offer:
- FREE virtual doctor visits with a prescription DISCOUNT card for all employees and members of the employee’s household.
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities through Branch Bank.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually to further your education endeavors for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance, and 401K for eligible employees.
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.
Keywords:QIDP, Case Worker, Caregiver, Caretaker, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA