The Day Habilitation Assistant Manager works in collaboration with the Day Habilitation Supervisor to oversee and manage all aspects of individual care at the Day Habilitation site based on the policies, procedures and quality of service required by Daybreak.
Essential Responsibilities/Job Duties
- Directs personal assistance with daily living activities of individuals (grooming, eating, and personal hygiene).
- Reinforces counseling and therapy activities.
- Monitors and reviews all data for service objectives, medication, and behavior intervention to insure completion and accuracy.
- Provides all data to Support Managers in a timely manner.
- Insures health and safety of all individuals by identifying and correcting safety hazards.
- Facilitates inclusion in community activities, use of natural supports, social interaction, and participation in leisure activities and development of socially valued behaviors.
- Provides assistance with medications and performs tasks delegated by a Registered Nurse.
- Maintains individual charts containing information pertinent to each person.
- Assesses and makes suggestions regarding staff and individual interactions.
- Insures financial responsibility regarding all controllable expenses from the Day Habilitation including, but not limited to, payroll, office supplies, and groceries.
- Maintains regular attendance and timeliness in duties.
- Supervises Community facilitators and others scheduled to work at the Day Habitation.
- Responsible for scheduling of facilitators to ensure coverage.
- Monitors performance of other staff assigned to work at the Day Habilitation site, providing corrective action and performance recognition feedback, completes annual evaluations.
- Provides training for staff as needed.
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge of the HCS and MRLA programs;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively;
- Creative and innovative;
- able to institute programs and activities with reasonable cost.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.