The Supported Home Living Team member provides services for the Home and Community Based Service (HCS) and Texas Home Living (TxHmL) program participants in their home or the community in compliance with the Person Directed Plan (PDP). The delivery of required Medicaid Waiver Home and Community-Based Services shall comply with the Evidentiary Certification Principles.
Essential Responsibilities / Job Duties
- One to one contact with the individual to provide assistance with daily living and social
- Provides access to communication and information from the environment in methods that
- are clear and understandable to the participant
- Forms a relationship with the individual that includes recognizing, understanding, and honoring attempts of the participants
- Periodic development and preparation of activities for the individual
- Completes work log of activities with the individual describing successful and
- unsuccessful techniques
- Provides technical assistance to others working with the individual
- Forms a working alliance with the family, neighbors, and professionals with whom the individual has contact
- Participates and assists in the development of the PDP
- Assists with implementation of the PDP
- Documents on areas identified as needs in PDP
- Reports accidents and existing dangerous conditions and observes safety practices in Works from the written plan for intervention with the family and IDT Team members
- Transports individual to gain access to community services and resources required by plan of care
- Provides instruction and support for the individual in: Meal planning and preparation; Self-care and personal hygiene; Medications that are normally self-administered; Household tasks; Money management; Supervision in safety and security; Interpersonal communications; Meaningful daily schedules and activity routines; and, Mobility, ambulation, and exercise
- Provides behavioral support
- Ability to perform heavy lifting/carrying up to 75 pounds without assistance and 100 plus pounds with assistance
- Performs health related tasks that do not require standing physician orders
- Team work – encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity, fosters commitment and team spirit; works cooperatively with others to achieve goals
- Requests and uses leave appropriately
- Dresses appropriately
- Observes health, Safety, and Sanitation Policies
- Follows all other Rules of Conduct and Policies.
- Able to recognize emergencies and implement emergency procedures
- Demonstrates respect for the patient, his/her property and his/her privacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to agency activities, personnel actions and individual
- Knowledge and use of universal precautions and basic infection control procedures
- Has on the job experience that shows increased knowledge, skill and abilities in providing services to the more difficult individual
- Ability to intervene with combative/aggressive individuals, participate in strenuous physical training for Handle with Care physical intervention
- Ability to perform Cardiovascular Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- High School Diploma or GED
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
We believe it’s our job to take care of the PEOPLE (you) who take care of our PEOPLE (individuals we serve)! Therefore, we offer:
- FREE virtual doctor visits with a prescription DISCOUNT card for all employees and members of the employee’s household.
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities through Branch Bank.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually to further your education endeavors for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance, and 401K for eligible employees.
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.
Keywords: Texas Home Living, Supported Home Living, Community Supports, Community First Choice, Residential Support Staff, RSS, Direct Support Professional, Direct Service Provider, DSP, Caregiver, Caretaker, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA