The Support Manager works in conjunction with the Service Coordinator(s) from Local Authorities to ensure that quality services are provided to all individuals, that individuals’ needs are being met in accordance with the individuals’ and families/LARs’ wishes and goals, and that all federal and state rules pertaining to the individual are followed as outlined in the Home and Community-Based Standards (HCS).
Essential Responsibilities / Job Duties
- Participates in Special Planning Teams (SPT) with the Local Authority and is responsible for generating documentation regarding the individual’s IPCs, ID/RCs, Implementation Plans, and other team member meetings or documents as required
- Responsible for monitoring the progress and lack of progress of goals and objectives included in the Implementation Plan
- Solicits information about satisfaction with programming and services from the individual and/or his/her LAR.
- Meets timelines regarding completion of required documentation as well as timelines for sharing documentation with the individual, LAR, and Service Coordinator and other team members as outlined in the HCS TAC
- Responsible for following any changes in the individuals’ lives and revising documentation in conjunction with the Service Coordinator when necessary to develop outcomes and programming specific to the individuals’ needs and goals
- Reviews the progress or lack of progress towards individuals’ goals and outcomes with that individual and his/her family or LAR
- Responsible for adhering to timelines for notification and notifying the required persons and team members (such as, but not limited to: individual, nurse, LAR/family, Service Coordinator at the Local Authority, and the Area Director) as outlined in the TACs whenever the individual requires emergency services, restraint, hospitalization, and notification of DFPS allegations, or when the individual experiences any other unplanned life events
- Protects and promotes an individual’s right to have his/her own money and be learning to manage this money. At the individual and/or LAR requests, the Support Manager will oversee documentation regarding the individual’s room and board, Trust Fund Expenditures and weekly/monthly spending money
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid unexpired Driver’s License
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of the HCS program
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent working experience in industry
- Minimum of 2 years working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Ability to work or learn Task Master Pro (TMP) system to assist individuals
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
We believe it’s our job to take care of the PEOPLE (you) who take care of our PEOPLE (individuals we serve)! Therefore, we offer:
- FREE virtual doctor visits with a prescription DISCOUNT card for all employees and members of the employee’s household.
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities through Branch Bank.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually to further your education endeavors for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance, and 401K for eligible employees.
Keywords: Support Manager, Residential Manager, RSS, Direct Support Professional, Direct Service Provider, DSP, Caregiver, Caretaker, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA