FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
The Residential Support Staff Member is responsible for providing residential support services for the Home and Community-Based Service (HCS) and ICF-IDD program participants. The delivery of required Medicaid Waiver Home and Community-Based Services shall comply with the Evidentiary Certification Principles.
Essential Responsibilities/Job Duties
- Directs personal assistance with daily living activities such as grooming, eating, bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene
- Assists with meal planning and preparation and housekeeping
- Assists with ambulation and mobility as needed
- Secures and provides transportation
- Reinforces counseling and therapy activities
- Assists with medications and the performance of RN delegated tasks
- Supervises and assures of individuals’ health, safety, and security
- Facilitates inclusion in community activities, use of natural supports, social interaction, participation in leisure activities, and development of socially valued behavior
- Maintains regular attendance and timeliness in duties
- Maintains good work and personal ethics in dealing with co-workers and resident consumers
- Does not engage in activities other than official business during work hours
- Presents a neat, clean appearance; dressed appropriately for the job. Practices personal hygiene
- Adheres to Attendance Policy – Works when scheduled, beginning and ending work as expected; calls in according to policy; observes policies on break and lunch periods; uses work time appropriately, records all hours worked as instructed
- Reports incidents/injuries in a timely manner
- Cooperates in internal/external investigations
- Maintains confidentiality of company and consumer information
- Participates and assists in the development of the Personal Development Plan (PDP) for the individuals served
- Ensures PDP is implemented as it relates to residential services
- Reports to the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) any problems, proposed program changes, behavior of individuals served, concerns, training needs, medical concerns, dietary issues, etc.
- Ensures documentation of behaviors, incidents and injuries, program data collection, medication data, and progress notes are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management
- Accepts direction and feedback from supervisors and follows through appropriately
- High School Diploma or GED
- Clear background check including criminal history
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Driving record that meets minimum standards, allowing for insurance coverage under the company’s insurance
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.