The Residential Support Staff member is a direct support professional responsible for providing residential support services for the Home and Community-Based Service (HCS) and ICF-IDD program participants. The delivery of required Medicaid Waiver Home and Community-Based Services shall comply with the Evidentiary Certification Principles.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The RSS directs personal assistance with daily living activities such as grooming, eating, bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene.
- The RSS assists with meal planning, preparation, and housekeeping.
- The RSS assists with ambulation and mobility as needed.
- The RSS secures and provides transportation.
- The RSS reinforces counseling and therapy activities.
- The RSS assists with medications and the performance of RN delegated tasks.
- The RSS supervises and assures individuals’ health, safety, and security.
- The RSS facilitates community activities, natural support, social interaction, participation in leisure activities, and socially valued behavior.
- The RSS maintains regular attendance and timeliness in duties.
- The RSS maintains good work and personal ethics in dealing with co-workers and resident consumers.
- The RSS does not engage in activities other than official business during work hours.
- The RSS presents a neat, clean appearance; dressed appropriately for the job, and practices personal hygiene.
- The RSS adheres to Attendance Policy – Works when scheduled, beginning and ending work as expected; calls in according to policy; observes policies on break and lunch periods; uses work time appropriately, records all hours worked as instructed.
- The RSS reports incidents/injuries on time.
- The RSS cooperates in internal/external investigations.
- The RSS maintains the confidentiality of company and consumer information.
- The RSS participates and assists in developing the Personal Development Plan (PDP) for the individuals served.
- The RSS ensures implementation of the PDP as it relates to residential services.
- The RSS reports to the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) any problems, proposed program changes, the behavior of individuals served, concerns, training needs, medical concerns, dietary issues, etc.
- The RSS ensures documentation of behaviors, incidents, injuries, program data collection, medication data, and progress notes completed accurately and on time.
- The RSS performs all other duties as assigned by management.
- The RSS accepts direction and feedback from supervisors and follows through appropriately.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Driving record that meets minimum standards, allowing for insurance coverage under the company’s insurance.
- Clear background check, including criminal history.
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
We believe it’s our job to take care of the PEOPLE (you) who take care of our PEOPLE (individuals we serve)! Therefore, we offer:
- FREE virtual doctor visits with a prescription DISCOUNT card for all employees and members of the employee’s household.
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities through Branch Bank.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually to further your education endeavors for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance, and 401K for eligible employees.
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.
Keywords: Residential Support Staff, RSS, Direct Support Professional, Direct Service Provider, DSP, Caregiver, Caretaker, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA