Job Title: Residential Manager
Location: All Locations
Reports To: Area Director/Regional Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared by HR/SL
The Residential Manager manages performance of assigned group homes to ensure quality services are provided to Daybreak’s individuals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manages assigned group homes to ensure quality practices are in place
- Monitors documentation in assigned homes for consistency with the requirements of the Dept. of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) including residential notes, program plans, behavioral plans, positioning schedules, supervisory schedules, MARs, Fire Drills/Emergency Drills and residential water temp assessments, review and approve Residential Support documentation (SDL’s) via the EHR system (TMP)
- Reviews incident and injury reports for accuracy and to ensure they meet all required timelines, assist with obtaining corrections when needed by following up with the documenting team member
- Supervises Home Coordinators in assigned group homes, direct support staff in assigned group homes, and transportation staff
- Diagnoses problems and initiates corrective action
- Oversees performance corrective actions and other employee related issues
- Assists in assessing the training needs of employees
- Coaches and mentor employees for improved performance
- Participates on various quality teams responsible for maintaining total quality and continuous improvement throughout the company
- Provides monthly reporting of issues in assigned group homes
- Monitor compliance books in assigned group homes monthly/quarterly.
- Review, screen and contact applicants, complete interviews for staffing vacancies in the Residential Group homes or community supports
- Assist with onboarding of new hires in the local area working in conjunction with members of both HR and Training team(s).
- Ensures all direct supports new hires receive/complete a minimum of 12hrs of OJT
- Oversee and staff homes where needed which includes full responsibility of staffing homes without a Home Coordinator
- Work closely with local clinical team to ensure that assigned team members are delegated in medication administration-safely administer medication when needed.
- Works various hours which may be out of the scope of 9-5, able to work in the homes where needed to provide direct support to individuals served.
- Complete weekly online grocery/supply orders for all assigned group homes.
- Required to be on call for the area, consumer and staffing needs as they arise (consumer ER visits, staff coverage etc.)
- Review, complete and approve direct support personnel payroll bi-weekly
- Require valid drivers license-the RM is responsible for transporting consumers when needed.
Qualifications and Education
- Prefer previous exposure to HCS or ICF environment as a manager over multi-site location
- Ability to manage extensive mental activities including the ability to: use educated and intuitive judgment, advise, counsel, influence, debate, negotiate, organize, plan and synthesize concepts
- Ability to work in a demanding environment-flexible hours, on call
- Must be able to make wise decisions under stressful circumstances
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work or other related field (Preferred) or will accept equivalent, verifiable, successful work experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 years management experience preferably in a multi-site environment