The Residential Manager (RM) is primarily responsible for ensuring that services are provided as required by the Individual Support Plan (ISP). This position will also train and supervise direct care Team Members.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participates in conjunction with the QIDP to develop each individual support plan (ISP) for each individual on caseload and monitors its implementation. Participates in revisions of ISP’s as needed to ensure that consumers’ health, safety, and programming needs are met in a timely and effective fashion. Implement programming revisions as indicated per the IST’s recommendations.
- In group home settings, functions as a team member for each individual’s person-centered planning process. In the waiver, settings work cooperatively with the case manager through the person-centered planning process.
- Maintain regular contact with outside vendors and families. Establishes and maintains a communication system with day program providers to assure that individuals vocational needs are met, and service conditions are up to standards.
- Any grievances are addressed in a timely manner and reported to the Area Director.
- Timely reporting and follow-up of incidents requiring BDDS incident reports.
- Participate in the area on-call rotation as assigned by Area Director to address critical consumer and staffing issues that are handled in a timely and effective fashion. When no other staffing options are available, provides direct care for program sites.
- Act as a member of the IST, attends meetings as scheduled
- Effective and routine communication with the QIDP about individuals on caseload
- Assures compliance with goal implementation at the home level.
- Assist with the creation of a new ISP within the first 30 days for all new admissions.
- Maintains oversight of Behavior Support Plans and their correct implementation in the homes. Bring issues to the team as they arise
- Effectively work with the QIDP and QA on the management of consumer electronic charts and oversight for compliance.
- Professional presence in assigned homes at least 20 hours each week unless approved by direct supervisor.
- Assist with the management of the Survey process for all assigned homes and cover when needed for other homes.
- Act as the lead for implementation of plans of correction in the homes and monitoring for compliance.
- Assist with preparation of HRC-related items as approvals are needed.
- Completion of all assigned investigations within guidelines
- Maintain consumer personal accounts and allocated behavior funds in a manner consistent with DSA policy and procedure.
- Oversee the scheduling of medical appointments and attend medical appointments as directed
- Ensure adequate supplies and medications are available at the program site.
- In-home training for all new hires assigned to your locations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prefer previous exposure to HCS or ICF environment as a manager over the multi-site location
- Ability to manage extensive mental activities including the ability to: use educated and intuitive judgment, advise, counsel, influence, debate, negotiate, organize, plan and synthesize concepts
- Ability to work in a demanding environment
- Must be able to make wise decisions under stressful circumstances
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, or another related field (Preferred) or will accept equivalent, verifiable, successful work experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 years management experience preferably in a multi-site environment
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
We believe it’s our job to take care of the PEOPLE (you) who take care of our PEOPLE (individuals we serve)! Therefore, we offer:
- FREE virtual doctor visits with a prescription DISCOUNT card for all employees and members of the employee’s household.
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities through Branch Bank.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually to further your education endeavors for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance, and 401K for eligible employees.
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.
Keywords: Residential Manager, Home Manager, House Manager, Caregiver, Caretaker, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA