Provides quality care to individuals in their assigned homes through quality assurance, compliance with all program principles, ensuring a safe and healthy environment for individuals and management of staff and day to day operations of assigned homes.
- Ensures the delivery of residential services by Residential Support Staff.
- Residential Coordinator to work three (3) 8-hour shifts per week in their designated homes, shifts to vary based on staffing. Remaining hours dedicated to administrative tasks related to home level operations to ensure survey readiness.
- Ensures the health and safety of individuals served and Residential Support Staff.
- Ensures Residential Support Staff are trained in individual treatment and training plans.
- Coordinates transportation services for Individuals when needed.
- Oversees maintenance of assigned homes and vehicles including requesting services needed by completing maintenance request forms.
- Aids with medications and performs tasks delegated by a Registered Nurse.
- Coordinates with the Nurse to ensure individual’s medical needs are met and Team Member training is current.
- Completes daily review of programmatic documentation. Validate that PDP’s are followed as written and provide coaching and counseling when needed. Reports concerns with programs to Support Manager. These concerns may include scheduling issues and the inability of staff to appropriately follow strategies.
- Orders medications for individuals, ensures that groceries and cleaning supplies are well stocked and notifies Support Managers of need/changes for incontinence supplies.
- Oversees house paperwork including service delivery logs, data collection sheets, vehicle maintenance logs, time sheets etc. and ensures timely submission of all paperwork.
- Reviews OJT reports and MARS to ensure completion and accuracy.
- Provides on-the-job training for new Team Members and participates in NEO program.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Supervise 3 group homes and the Residential Support Staff assigned to those homes.
- Participating in interview process. Hiring and terminations will be delegated to Area or Program Director.
- Assists with corrective action for assigned team members
- Ensures there are no shift vacancies and fills in if no coverage is found
- Monthly monitoring of medical needs of individuals residing in the home
- Effective communication skills.
- Computer skills to include data entry, email communication.
- Knowledge of the HCS and/or ICF-IID programs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to perform all functions as stated in the job description.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Valid Texas Driver’s license and good driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, manuals, policies and other company documents. Exhibit exceptional oral communication skills for phone and customer service.
Understands basic concepts of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral communications or instructions.