The Representative Payee manages the finances for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Essential Responsibilities/Job Duties
- Issues individuals allowance checks on a weekly and monthly basis
- Issues checks to outside vendors on behalf of individuals by vendor due date
- Maintains and monitors supporting documentation for all consumer expenditures
- Issues Room & Board checks to the company
- Issues Applied Income checks to the company
- Issues Foster Care Room & Board checks to the company
- Collects and tracks Room & Board payments from all payors
- Records Deposits for individuals
- Monitors trust fund accounts to assure appropriate balances
- Reconciles receipts to checks and credit cards
- Works with external areas to provide support and assistance for Caregiver Individuals
- Works with SSA and DHS to establish and maintain Medicaid and SSI benefits
- Issues consumer allowance checks on a weekly and monthly basis
- Other job duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two (2) years working in an office setting.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a professional environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Proficient in office equipment operation including fax, copier
- Proficient in Microsoft email systems
- Typing 40 WPM
- Ten-key by touch
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, QuickBooks, general banking systems
- Representative Payee and Accounts Payable experience preferred
- One year of healthcare experience preferred.