The Home Coordinator aids the Program Coordinator/Area Director/Regional Director by assisting in quality assurance, compliance with all program principles, ensuring a safe and healthy environment for individuals and management of staff and day to day operations of assigned home(s).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures the delivery of residential services by Residential Support Staff Team Members.
- Ensures the health and safety of individuals served and Residential Support Staff Team Members.
- Ensures Residential Support Staff Team Members are trained in individual treatment and training plans.
- Coordinates transportation services for Individuals when needed.
- Oversees maintenance of assigned homes and vehicles including requesting services needed by completing maintenance request forms. (Only for sites with vehicles).
- Aids with medications and performs tasks delegated by a Registered Nurse.
- Coordinates with the Nurse to ensure individual’s medical needs are met and Team Member training is current.
- Ensures programmatic needs of individuals are met by observation of direct care staff and daily review of programmatic documentation. Responsible for ensuring direct care staff follow ISP/BSP’s as written and provide coaching and counseling when needed. Reports concerns with programs to Program Coordinator. These concerns may include scheduling issues and inability of staff to appropriately follow strategies.
- Orders medications for individuals, ensures that groceries and cleaning supplies are well stocked and notifies Program Coordinator of need/changes.
- Oversees house paperwork including service delivery logs, data collection sheets, vehicle maintenance logs, mileage logs, time sheets, store receipts, etc. and ensures timely submission of all paperwork.
- Reviews MARS.
- Provides on the job training for new Team Members including BSP’s and ISP’s.
- Maintains schedule to ensure continuity of care and monitors/controls overtime at site.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- May assist the Program Coordinator with interviewing Residential Support Staff Team Members. Hiring and firing responsibilities for Residential Support Staff Team Members are handled by Program Coordinator.
- Assists with corrective actions of Team Members as assigned.
- Supervises Residential Support Staff Team Members in homes.
- Ensures that home is fully staffed, fills in when vacancies occur if unable to find staff to work shift.
- Conducts annual Performance Evaluations of Residential Support Team Members.
- Completes monthly monitoring of Residential Support Team Members competency of required programming and medical needs for each of the Individuals residing in the home.
- Availability to be on call for home
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Valid Driver’s license and good driving record (less than six points). Note: Some sites do not require a license
- 2 years management experience preferred
- Ensures adequate staff coverage at all times for all shifts
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of supported ICF-IID or living waiver programs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to perform all functions as stated in the residential assistance provider job description
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
We believe it’s our job to take care of the PEOPLE (you) who take care of our PEOPLE (individuals we serve)! Therefore, we offer:
- FREE virtual doctor visits with a prescription DISCOUNT card for all employees and members of the employee’s household.
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities through Branch Bank.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually to further your education endeavors for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance, and 401K for eligible employees.
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.
Keywords: Home Coordinator, Service Coordinator, Residential Support Staff, DSP, Direct Support Professional, Direct Service Provider, DSP, Caregiver, Caretaker, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA