FIND YOUR PASSION. BEUNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver Inc Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do, while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency and compassion in everything we do because we understand those, we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
Under the supervision of a registered nurse, the Certified medication aide administers medications as prescribed by the individual’s physician. They observe patients for drug reactions and report any problems to the nurses. Medication aides monitor the patient’s vital signs and calculate medication dosages. Certified medication aides also record what medications were given for the day and the dosage in the nurse’s medication administration record (MAR) chart.
Essential Responsibilities/Job Duties
- Administers and accurately records the administration of medications for individuals as prescribed by the physician
- Observes, records and reports to the Nurse any symptoms and conditions of individuals that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects
- Determines and records effectiveness of medications in a timely and accurate manner as required by state and federal regulations
- Provides and promotes individual’s rights during the administration of medications
- Stores medications in a safe and accurate manner in accordance with established policies and procedures of Daybreak, a Caregiver Company and applicable state/federal regulations
- Monitors medications to ensure adequate accountability measures are taken when medications are ordered, received into the facility, administered and at change of shift as required by policies and procedures of Daybreak, a Caregiver Company, and applicable state/federal regulations
- Routinely inspects, cleans and monitors equipment and supplies to ensure individual safety. Reports any equipment or supply issues to the Staff Nurse for correction or repair
- Obtains, records and reports vital signs as indicated during the administration of medications
- Perform other duties as assigned or as listed in the Certified Nurse Assistant job description.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be a Certified Medication Aide (CMA) in good standing with the State
- Must have ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
- Clear background check, including criminal history
- Prefer previous exposure to HCS-IDD program