The Clinical LVN provides on-site nursing and attendant care to juveniles and/or adolescents residing in a residential treatment center and for individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities in accordance with physician orders. The Clinical LVN is expected to perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the mission and core values of Caregiver, INC and comply with all Caregiver, INC policies and procedures, OSHA, CMS, HIPPA, local, state, and federal, regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide direct care and nursing services to youth or service recipients residing in the work location as prescribed by program regulations, physician orders, and/or individual treatment/service plan, including collecting medical specimens
- Documents physician orders, treatment plans, and treatment information. Maintains records, including but not limited to Medication Administration, medical records, medical charts, etc. Follow-up on court orders received, order evaluations, treatment, diagnostic testing, and transports as required. Participate in multi-disciplinary treatment plan meetings
- Performs patient assessments evaluates data and intervenes as allowed by the state in which they are licensed
- Responsible for preventing client abuse by adhering to all policies and procedures, attending periodic training, reporting suspicious and inappropriate behavior, and following mandatory abuse reporting requirements
- Monitor chronic health conditions, respiratory distress, and seizures. Obtains patient data and vital signs and reports findings to the RN/attending physical
- Screen residents for medical/dental exams and schedule appropriate medical appointments including EPSDT, dental, vision, & clinical, providing medical information on a need to know basis
- Comply with all reporting requirements, biohazard program requirements, medical protocols, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- A current LVN license in the state of practice required
- 2 years prior experience providing nursing care for developmentally and intellectually and/or physically disabled patients in a residential treatment and assessment facility and/or supported living facility required, youth in residential facilities, and/or children placed in foster care preferred
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical protocols (including biohazard protocols) and interventions, medications, medical techniques, applications, and appliances utilized to assist clients with chronic medical conditions
- Accurate administration, reporting, and documentation of prescription medications, medical assessments, such as BP readings, pulse rates, temperature readings, etc.
- Maintaining confidentiality/HIPAA guidelines
- Compliance with program standards and regulations pertaining to the delivery of medical services in residential treatment facilities and/or supported living settings
- Appropriate response during medical emergencies
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision making regarding the care and comfort of clients in physical or emotional distress
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
We believe it’s our job to take care of the PEOPLE (you) who take care of our PEOPLE (individuals we serve)! Therefore, we offer:
- FREE virtual doctor visits with a prescription DISCOUNT card for all employees and members of the employee’s household.
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities through Branch Bank.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually to further your education endeavors for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance, and 401K for eligible employees.
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.
Keywords: Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN, Nurse, Caregiver, Caretaker, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA