Provides clinical supervision to all Caregiver RNs, LVNs, and Contract nurses in Tyler and Greenville Texas. Provides ongoing training and support to the nurses assigned to their area(s), to ensure routine, and emergency nursing care is being provided in order to maintain the optimal health status of the individuals and continuity of nursing care. Works in coordination with the Area Director when implementing company wide nursing systems, policies and procedures, and is accountable for ensuring these systems are being followed accurately by nursing staff. Participates in the monitoring of the individual’s service plan through quality assurance measures. Provides all the essential duties of the Area RN when assigned a caseload of individuals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Monitors consumers’ health conditions through medical chart reviews and audits.
- Identifying delays in service.
- Ensuring state guidelines are being followed through the delivery of nursing services.
- Ensuring compliance with Caregiver Policy and Procedure.
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate follow up to potential citations.
- Assist the Regional RN Manager and the QA team in writing POCs.
- Responsible for training and monitoring the compliance of the Area RNs and LVNs within the assigned area. Follow-up training and inservices based on clinical findings.
- Monitors the health data information of the individuals served, in coordination with the Area Director by ensuring nursing staff is completing following within the Texas EHR (TMP):
- Immediately reports to supervisor any significant changes in an individual’s health status including, but not limited to, acute illness, adverse reactions to medication, sudden and/or unexplained changes in vital signs, increase seizure activity, etc.
- Immediately reports to supervisor any problems related to individual safety, staff problems, and/or facility problems.
- Delegation as required for individuals on your caseload and in compliance with Board of Nurse Examiners criteria.
- Comprehensive Nursing Assessments or RNAs and Annual Review of RNAs on each individual on your caseload as required and in compliance with the Regional RN Managers requests, and HHS criteria.
- Provides on call nursing services for individuals served, thus providing telephone triage minimally Monday to Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm, or as assigned by Supervisor.
- Attends work 8am-5pm, regularly and punctually, and as assigned.
- Ensures that all medical consultations and laboratory reports are documented in the consumer’s records in a timely manner
- Attends and participates in Annual Recertification surveys, and intermittent surveys, investigations as indicated, and follow up to those as indicated. Provide intervention to potential medical concerns during those, and provides strategies for achieving success.
- Attends meetings with Supervisor as assigned.
- Participation in development and implementation of nursing system restructures as assigned.
- Attends industry driven conferences as assigned.
- Serves as member of agency wide committees as assigned.
- Completes specific assignments and submits written reports within designated time frames.
- Provides ongoing and clinical supervision, training and support to nursing staff as the need arises through face to face meetings, email, text messages, or phone calls. Assist Nursing staff when indicated in obtaining appropriate medical services for the individuals.
- Reviews daily on call nursing reports, and follows up to critical issues, providing justifications to Area Directors, and Clinical Service Manager. Monitor and evaluate the individuals that receive emergency medical services through resolution.
- Maintain accurate documentation of those chart reviews and audits, and works in coordination with the area nurses and Area Director to ensure appropriate follow up has occurred.
- Responsible for communication with Regional RN Manager for all nursing performance issues and open nursing positions within assigned areas.
- Responsible for assisting with hiring and training all needed nursing personnel within assigned areas.
- Provide initial and follow up OJT training to all nursing personnel within assigned areas as assigned.
- Responsible for coordinating nursing assignments and caseloads to nurses within area while staying within company budget restraints when nursing positions are open, which may involve providing direct nursing coverage for caseloads with no nurse.
- Responsible for retraining of nursing staff in need, and corrective actions in coordination with the Area Directors and the Regional RN Manager.
- Monitors nurse billing rates for the nurses within their assigned areas, while training and mentoring nurses to achieve the minimal standards while ensuring quality nursing care is being provided and accurately documented to stay in compliance with state guidelines.
- Review NSLs of all nursing staff within assigned areas as needed.
- Identify non-billable tasks and needed corrections.
- Identify billing rate reporting errors and report those to Regional RN Manager, and admin staff as indicated.
- Implement strategies set forth by the Regional RN Manager to increase nurse billing rates.
- Train on HCS billing system, and Daybreak billing expectations as indicated.
- Extensive knowledge of accepted standards of nursing practice and ability to apply knowledge in daily work activities and provide instruction and direction.
- Outstanding communication necessary with community health care professionals and those working within industry and both inside and outside of the company.
- Ability to formulate training objectives and meeting agendas, and to present this information in a formal or non-formal setting for other professionals.
- High level assessment skills of individual’s health status and to provide appropriate interventions and direction to other staff.
- Displays leadership qualities and attitude at all times consistent with Caregiver policies at a management level.
- Sets a professional standard and example to other co-workers and those supervised by you.
- Attends work punctually and regularly.
- Adheres to Caregiver policies and procedures at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Completes all duties in compliance with accepted standards of nursing practice
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Possession of valid RN license from the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners or in accordance with the Board of Nurse Examiners rules for Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
- A minimum of 3 years of nursing experience.
- 1 year of DD nursing experience preferred
- Must be computer literate with basic Excel, Microsoft Office and Word programs.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, manuals and other company documents. Exhibits excellent oral communication skills.
Understands complex concepts of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, involved written or unconventional variable in unusual situations.
- Sitting – 50% of work time
- Standing – 20% of work time
- Walking – 30% of work time
- Bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, reaching, kneeling – 25% of work time
- Grasping and finger/hand manipulation –95% of work time
- Ability to operate computer, facsimile, copier, shredder, calculator
Working Conditions and Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Office setting, minimal background noise, standard office lighting, occasional temperature fluctuations.
- Normal business hours with flexibility to work overtime or non-standard hours as required by special projects.