The Intake/Referral Coordinator will receive referral information via phone, in person, fax or via email, from perspective families, Support Coordinators, Care Coordinators, or other referral sources. A series of questions will be used to ascertain needed information regarding referral for the purpose of compiling the necessary data to determine the next course of action for the agency as it relates to the client referral.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain pertinent information from referral sources utilizing developed process.
- Enter and track referrals in designated electronic system within 2-4 hours of receiving referral.
- Remain courteous and professional at all times during intake process.
- Disseminate referral information to the appropriate region within 2 hours of receiving referral.
- Follow up with each region within 48 hours of disseminating referral to receive disposition of referral. Enter this information within Kaleidacare.
- Respond to all email inquiries within 24 hours of receipt. Complete weekly report on all referrals received and responded to that week.
- Supply weekly data to Program Director each Monday morning by 8:30 a.m.
- Assist regions as needed with follow up to MCO’s regarding status of referrals.
- Monitor Netsuite for Lifestyle Coach/Family Based interest. Follow up within 24 hours.
- Disseminate referral information from Netsuite to each region for follow up with the families and training.
- Responsible for preventing client abuse by adhering to all policies and procedures, attending periodic training, reporting suspicious and inappropriate behavior, and following mandatory abuse reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services preferred but will substitute equivalent experience. Ability to develop excel documents with pertinent data for tracking and the ability to read write and follow verbal instructions.
Key Success Indicators (KSIs) include:
Quality Assurance, Regulatory Compliance, Interpersonal and Communication Skills, Organization Skills, Conflict Resolution, Planning, Intakes Per Month, Developing and Maintaining Relationships, Decision Making.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and reliable transportation.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Omni Support Services a division of Caregiver, Inc. is committed to the philosophy of lifelong learning and expects all employees to continue their personal and professional development. The Intake/Referral Coordinator is required to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Must be able to work flexible hours and occasional overtime. Travel up to 25%.