Caregiver Inc. is a privately held company based in Fort Worth, Texas with over 4,000 employees in five states. We are a leading provider of services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). We support our valued clients with the design, delivery, and management of personalized treatment plans to help them lead their best lives.
We believe in recruiting, training, and developing the best people to support the individuals we serve; enabling them with tools and technology to provide individualized support. Our select group of professional staff members is dedicated to improving each client’s quality of life with respectful and dignified care. Our mission is to enable people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives with dignity, independence, and inclusion.
We are seeking a dynamic and engaging Human Resources Business Partner in the Columbus market to support approximately 500 employees in the state of Ohio. The position will report to the Regional Director, Human Resources.
The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated locations. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added services to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
Essential Responsibilities/Job Duties
- Consults with front line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required
- Provides day-to-day guidance to front line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Provides guidance and input on respective locations reorganization, workforce planning, and succession planning
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual coaching need
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success
- Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
- Responsible for recruitment tasks including attending job fairs, posting, reviewing applications, conducting interviews, and postings positions on internal and external sites
- Requires travel to locations supported
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- 4-5 years of experience as an HR Business Partner
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field-Preferred
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)-Preferred
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local employment laws including, but not limited to, ADA, ADEA, Title VII, FMLA, and OSHA regulations
- Experience supporting multi-location environments- Preferred