The House Manager is responsible for providing direction, guidance and supervision to direct care staff who are caring for clients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in a supported living or community-based environment. This always includes responsibility for the activities of staff and the whereabouts of all clients under their supervision and ensuring that required documentation (i.e. client notes, community-based notes, administration records, client financial records, and vehicle logs, etc.) is completed in an accurate, thorough and timely manner. Incumbents are on call twenty-four hours a day and must respond in a timely manner to unexpected events and/or emergencies with clients under their care. The House Manager is also expected to provide direct client care as necessary. The House Manager is expected to perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the mission and core values of Omni Support Services a division of Caregiver, Inc. and comply with all Caregiver, Inc. policies and procedures, OSHA, CMS, HIPPA, local, state, and federal, regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and directs the care of clients
- Develop short- and long-term goals
- Supervise client care activities of direct support staff
- Monitor Individual Support Plans and delivery of client care plans under the direction of the physician; act when appropriate to ensure Standards of Care are met; participates in quality improvement process
- Determines staffing schedules, staffing levels, and staff schedules
- Responsible for preventing client abuse by adhering to all policies and procedures, attending periodic training, reporting suspicious and inappropriate behavior, and following mandatory abuse reporting requirements
- Complete administrative and clerical documentation including but not limited to: reviewing daily logs and notes detailing client activities supporting the approved Individual Support Plan (ISP)
- Assures safe operation of all equipment in the house
- Plan and organize daily activities in accordance with Individual Support Plan
- Provides direct client care, including transportation, maintenance of household inventory, menu planning and preparation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation and proof of automobile
- Knowledge of the physical and emotional needs of the developmentally and/or physically challenged
- Knowledge of proper personal hygiene practices
- Ability to perform the physically demanding aspect of the job
- Ability to complete documentation electronically and on paper
- Ability to read, write and understand non-verbal gestures used by some clients
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
We believe it’s our job to take care of the PEOPLE (you) who take care of our PEOPLE (individuals we serve)! Therefore, we offer:
- FREE virtual doctor visits with a prescription DISCOUNT card for all employees and members of the employee’s household.
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities through Branch Bank.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually to further your education endeavors for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance, and 401K for eligible employees.
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.
Keywords: House Manager, Home Coordinator, Residential Support Staff, DSP, Direct Support Professional, Direct Service Provider, DSP, Caregiver, Caretaker, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA