The Home Manager (HM) is primarily responsible for ensuring that services are provided as required by the Individual Support Plan (ISP). This position will also train and supervise direct care Team Members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Participates in conjunction with the RM to develop each individual support plans (ISP) for each individual on caseload and monitors its implementation. Participates in revisions of ISP’s as needed to ensure that consumers’ health, safety and programming needs are met in a timely and effective fashion. Implement programming revisions as indicated per the IST’s recommendations.
- In group home settings, functions as a team member for each individual’s person centered planning process. In waiver settings works cooperatively with the case manager through the person centered planning process.
- Maintain regular contact with outside vendors and families. Establishes and maintains a communication system with day program providers to assure that individuals vocational needs are met, and service conditions are up to standards.
- Any grievances are addressed in a timely manner and reported to the Residential Manager and Area Director.
- Timely reporting and follow up of incidents requiring BDDS incident reports.
- Participate in area on call rotation as assigned to address critical consumer and staffing issues are handled in a timely and effective fashion. When no other staffing options are available, provides direct care for program sites.
- Act as a member of the IST, attends meetings as scheduled
- Assures compliance with goal implementation at the home level.
- Maintains oversight of Behavior Support Plans and their correct implementation in the homes. Bring issues to the team as they arise
- Effectively work with the RM and QA on management of consumer electronic charts and oversight for compliance.
- Professional presence in assigned homes at least 20 hours each week unless approved by direct supervisor.
- Assist with the management of Survey process for all assigned homes and covering when needed for other homes.
- Act as the lead for implementation of plans of correction in the homes and monitoring for compliance.
- Assist with preparation of HRC related items as approvals are needed.
- Completion of all assigned investigations within guidelines
- Maintain consumer personal accounts and allocated behavior funds in a manner consistent with DSA policy and procedure.
- Oversee the scheduling of medical appointments and attend medical appointments as directed
- Ensure adequate supplies and medications are available at the program site.
- In home training for all new hires assigned to your locations.
Qualifications and Education
- Prefer previous exposure to HCS or ICF environment as a manager over multi-site location
- Ability to manage extensive mental activities including the ability to: use educated and intuitive judgment, advise, counsel, influence, debate, negotiate, organize, plan and synthesize concepts
- Ability to work in a demanding environment
- Must be able to make wise decisions under stressful circumstances
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work or other related field (Preferred) or will accept equivalent, verifiable, successful work experience
- Management experience preferred