Direct Support Professional/House Manager Floater
We are looking for: Full-Time Direct Support Professional Floater in Martin, Dyersburg and Bradford Areas.
Shift and Shift hours: Open Availability, Full-Time, Days and Hours will Vary
Pay Starting at: $16.75 per Hour
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
- FREE virtual doctor visits with a prescription DISCOUNT card for Full-Time employees and members of the employee’s household.
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities through Branch Bank.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually to further your education endeavors for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance, and 401K for eligible employees.
The Direct Support Professional Floater is responsible for fostering patient independence by providing direct daily support, education and transportation to clients with developmental and intellectual disabilities under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and in accordance with Individual Service Plans and physician orders in a supported living home or community-based setting. The Direct Support Professional Floater is expected to perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the mission and core values of Omni Support Services a division of Caregiver, Inc. and comply with all Caregiver, Inc. policies and procedures, OSHA, CMS, HIPPA, local, state, and federal, regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Providing direct care to consumers served by the agency.
- Providing emotional support to consumers and their families.
- Following directions of the PC to meet the consumer’s service needs.
- Preparing healthy, well balanced meals as well as specific physician-ordered diets.
- Completing the required number of in-service hours each year to maintain active status.
- Documenting the services provided as well as turning in paper work within specified time frames.
- Following safe practices regarding use of Universal Precautions and proper body mechanics.
- Providing homemaker services if specified in the consumer’s Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Demonstrating reliability, timeliness, and responsibility while caring for consumers.
- Flexibility in scheduling when consumer’s needs unexpectedly change.
- Be available anytime to cover shifts at either a remote site or 24- hour site when contacted by the Scheduler/ Program Coordinator/ or Director.
- Ability to work in challenging environments without physical limitations.
- When hours are 30 or below, the float may work in the office to ensure 40 hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
- High School diploma or GED
- One-year prior experience working in a group home setting with developmentally, intellectually and/or physically disabled individuals preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact successfully with special client needs.
- Demonstrated organizational and decision-making skills; ability to document daily client activities and observations in a timely, concise, thorough and accurate manner; or any equivalent combination of education and experience to provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills.
- Knowledge of Universal Precautions, First Aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of proper personal hygiene practices
- Ability to perform the physically demanding aspects of the job.
- Ability to complete required documentation both electronically and on paper.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and occasional overtime.
- Must demonstrate ability to read, write and understand non-verbal gestures used by nonverbal clients.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website https://cg-idd.com/
Keywords: Residential Support Staff, DSP, Direct Support Professional, Direct Service Provider, DSP, Caregiver, Caretaker, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA