As a Direct Support Professional (DSP)with CG-HHC, you will be a trained employee working within our client community in Richland County serving individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a variety of settings across Mansfield and surrounding counties. You will be addressing clients’ needs and assuring continuity of care. This position supports individuals that we serve in residential settings. We are seeking compassionate professionals to successfully help with daily activities such as meal preparation and planning, medication administration, and personal care. This role will also facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community and providing transportation to appointments, work, and other activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Adhere to and implement the Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Support individuals in exercising their rights and responsibilities
- Assist individuals with activities of daily living such as cooking and planning meals, household care, shopping, and self-care based upon their level of need
- Assistance with mobility, leisure, and community participation
- Support individuals toward leading independent lives by participating in and contributing to the community
- Encourage personal development and inter-personal relationships
- Travel to sites in various counties
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of HS Diploma or GED.
- Experience in the Developmental Disabilities field is preferred but not required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of current auto insurance
- Must have reliable transportation
- Excellent planning, organization, communication, prioritization, and interpersonal skills
- Medication Certification I – Training Offered(Additional Certifications may be required)
- CPR/First Aid – Training Offered
- Must be proficient in English
- Must understand the challenges of our developmentally disabled individuals, can calmly approach varying behaviors, and handle crisis situations
- Must be willing to travel all of Richland County and between surrounding counties
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
We believe it’s our job to take care of the PEOPLE (you) who take care of our PEOPLE (individuals we serve)! Therefore, we offer:
- FREE virtual doctor visits with a prescription DISCOUNT card for all employees and members of the employee’s household.
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities through Branch Bank.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually to further your education endeavors for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance, and 401K for eligible employees.
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.
Keywords: Residential Support Staff, RSS, Direct Support Professional, Direct Service Provider, DSP, Caregiver, Caretaker, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA