The Direct Support Professional is responsible for fostering patient independence by providing direct daily support, education and transportation to clients with developmental and intellectual disabilities under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and in accordance with Individual Service Plans and physician orders in a supported living home or community-based setting. The Direct Support Professional is expected to perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the mission and core values of Omni Support Services a division of Caregiver, Inc. and comply with all Caregiver, Inc. policies and procedures, OSHA, CMS, HIPPA, local, state, and federal, regulations.
- Provide direct client care, including but not limited to: Administering medications as directed, planning meals, providing appropriate therapy (i.e. physical, behavioral, and occupational), bathing assistance, and client transfers involving lifting 50 or more pounds.
- Provide necessary social training, including but not limited to: Housekeeping, Teaching independent living skills to clients, Behavior management and response, Financial responsibility, Community behavior, Cooking/Meal Planning.
- Responsible for preventing client abuse by adhering to all policies and procedures, attending periodic training, reporting suspicious and inappropriate behavior, and following mandatory abuse reporting requirements
- Provide client transportation to employer, doctor appointments and other community activities.
- Complete administrative and clerical documentation including but not limited to: Daily notes detailing client activities supporting the approved Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma and/or GED preferred
- One year of direct care experience working in a group home setting with developmentally, intellectually and/or physically disabled individuals preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interact successfully with special client needs
- Demonstrated organizational and decision making skills; ability to document daily client activities and observations in a timely, concise, thorough and accurate manner; or any equivalent combination of education and experience to provide the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Knowledge of Universal Precautions, First Aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of proper personal hygiene practices.