Direct Support Professional is responsible to support consumers in maximizing the quality of his/her life experiences and inspiring the confidence of the families of our consumers. The DSP will support the consumer in performing daily living skills with as much independence as possible. Under general supervision, guides consumers to be self-directed by teaching consumers decision-making skills and by encouraging independence as defined in each consumer’s ISP. Aids in a manner that supports the personal dignity of the consumers. Provides ongoing supervision to consumers to ensure their health and safety. Consistent with training, formal behavior program, and company behavior problem guidelines, intervene to minimize the risk associated with consumers’ behavior problems.
The DSP has the following responsibilities and duties.
- Facilitates consumers in daily living activities on an assigned shift, including but not limited to: personal hygiene, dining skills, housekeeping skills, social skills, and community access, etc.
- Provides direct support to and assists consumers in training activities as specified in ISPs and activity schedules.
- Aids in mobility as needed for those using wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
- Assists in bedroom maintenance and teaches housekeeping skills and care of clothing.
- Assists with meal service teach dining skills and promote social skills and personal dignity during meals.
- Administers medications and treatments according to company policy.
- Is assigned as a Primary Person (P2) for one or more consumers. Ensures the wellbeing at all times of the consumer(s) to whom the P2 is assigned.
- Attends and successfully completes in-service training sessions as scheduled.
- Serves as a role model and mentor to fellow Direct Support Professionals.
- Completes data collection, observation notes, and daily reports as directed by agency policy and procedure.
- Assists consumers in transportation as needed.
- Participates as a member of the Individual Support Team giving input toward the consumer’s ISP.
- Monitors consumers’ activities to ensure that safety and health care practices are observed. Ensures Universal Precaution Practices are observed.
- Participates in and may be responsible for the daily operation of the home in one or more of the following areas: grocery shopping, overseeing consumers’ money, monitoring of the physical plant and van maintenance, or monitoring of the house medications.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned to fulfill the agency philosophy and the goals and objectives of the program site.
- Treats consumers with dignity and respect.
- Promotes independence, choice, and empowerment of consumers.
- Other duties as assigned
The DSP should have the following skills, education, and experience.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record are preferred.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is preferred.
- Some previous experience as a CNA, HHA, Personal Care Attendant, or other experience in supporting and assisting others with disabilities is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively; orally and in writing.
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background checks as required by federal and state laws and any other post-offer, pre-employment screenings as mandated by a governing agency or the company.
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
We believe it’s our job to take care of the PEOPLE (you) who take care of our PEOPLE (individuals we serve)!
Caregiver, Inc. will provide the following compensation.
- Salary: $10.05 to $12.05 per hour (based on qualifications and experience)
- FREE virtual doctor visits with a prescription DISCOUNT card for all employees and members of the employee’s household.
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities through Branch Bank.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually to further your education endeavors for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance, and 401K for eligible employees.
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.