FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
The Dietary Aide will assist the Dietician and other kitchen staff members in cleaning, preparing, and serving food to residents. Dietary Aides are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing their work area. Dietary Aides are also responsible for recording food temperatures and of food storage areas. Dietary Aides work with all kitchen staff on tasks as needed, and provide Dietary Supervisor with needed items.
Essential Responsibilities/Job Duties
- Be eligible for employment under laws governing River Gardens
- If driving for River Gardens have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, twist, squat, and repeat movements for a long period of time
- Must be able to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, and controls
- Must be able to effectively communicate with coworkers and others
- Frequent contact with others, including working in close proximity with others
- Making decisions that impact results, coworkers, residents and/or the company
- Exposure to heat, hot surfaces, or cold temperatures
- Being detail oriented, exact, or highly accurate
- Meeting strict deadlines
- Working with others in a group or team and coordinating work activities
- Taking responsibility of the health and safety of others
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
- Prepare a variety of foods such as meats, vegetables, desserts, according to residents’ orders or supervisors instructions
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas such as refrigerators and freezers
- Wash, peel, cut and trim various foods such as fruits and vegetables to prepare for cooking and serving
- Portion and wrap food to be served to residents
- Weigh and/or measure ingredients
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas
- Assist all kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas
- Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.