Administer and oversee the Day Habilitation Operations for those with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure quality, and safe delivery of all day habilitation services through implementation of written policies and procedures complying with Federal, State and local rules, regulations, and laws.
• Develop and implement policies and systems to assure consistent quality and safe services throughout the company within guidelines established by governmental agencies.
• Monitor and improve day habilitation services in company by developing creative programs to maximize individual satisfaction.
• Oversee establishment of appropriate protocol and ensure Team Member compliance.
• Project number, type and use of personnel for current and future needs for the company. Ensure hiring, retention and pay for appropriate personnel.
• Ensure day habilitation managers are appropriately trained according to all guidelines and regulations established by company, and governmental agencies.
• Monitor the supervision and evaluation of all company day habilitation Direct Care Team Members.
• Collaborate with and assist with appropriate Team Members in the development, implementation, and evaluation of projected budget expenses.
• Coordinates strategic planning with a goal of growth through implementation of future day habilitation contracts.
• Oversees marketing and public relations.
Ensures compliance with all mandated regulations of the HCS, DADS, TxHmL, DBMD, CDS, and ICF-IDD wavier programs.
• Oversees Quality Assurance activities for day habilitation throughout the company.
• Must be able to travel for 25-30% of working time.
• Directly supervises all Directors and is responsible for all employment actions for Directors including, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining, rewarding, evaluating, and terminating.
• Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Local employment laws. Qualifications Qualifications:
• Outstanding communication skills
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Creative and innovative; able to institute programs and activities with reasonable cost.
• Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access database.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Proven ability to motivate Team Members and Individuals toward positive outcomes.
• Must be able to travel 25-30% of working time. Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in social services field from an accredited university/college preferred or equivalent years of experience accepted.
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience working with persons with developmental disabilities in the HCS and/or ICF-IDD field. Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, manuals and other company documents. Exhibits above average oral and written communication, phone and customer service skills. Mathematical Skills: Understands the concept of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, involved written or unconventional variables in unusual situations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties of this job are performing the following:
• Sitting is 60% of work time.
• Standing, and walking is 20% of work time.
• Bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, reaching, and kneeling is 20% of work time.
• Grasping and finger/hand manipulation 50% of work time.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to operate computer, facsimile, copier, shredder, and calculator. Varying degrees of background noise, standard office lighting and ventilation, occasional temperature fluctuations are found in the work environment. Normal business hours with flexibility to work overtime or non-standard hours as required by special projects.
• Dayhab Supervisor
• Community Facilitators Travel • 25% to 30%