The Community Facilitator will assist the Day Habilitation Director and/or Day Habilitation Activity Director to oversee all aspects of individual care at the Day Habilitation based on the policies, procedures, and quality of service required by the Company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct personal assistance with daily living activities of individuals (grooming, eating, and personal hygiene)
- Reinforcement of counseling and therapy activities
- Monitor and review all data for service objectives, medication, and behavior intervention to ensure completion and accuracy
- Provide all data to Support Managers in a timely manner
- Ensures health and safety of all individuals by identifying and correcting safety hazards
- Facilitates inclusion in community activities, use of natural supports, social interaction, and participation in leisure activities, and development of socially valued behaviors
- Assist with medications and performs tasks delegated by a Registered Nurse
- Maintain individual charts containing information pertinent to each person
- Assess and make suggestions regarding staff and individual interactions
- Documents incidents involving individuals at the Dayhab
- Provide daily reports to Supervisor outlining accomplishments and objectives met daily
- Responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere conducive to the habilitation of the individuals served
- Assist in the development and implementation of curriculum and lesson plans
- Responsible for cleanliness of day habilitation including cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, sitting rooms, and kitchen
- Monitor Community Facilitators to ensure they are meeting job requirements
- Other duties as assigned including working in group homes. Must be able to perform all the duties required of a Residential Support Team Member
- The Community Facilitator does not technically supervise anyone. However, he/she will be in charge in the absence of the Day Habilitation Director.
Qualifications and Skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of the HCS and MRLA programs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Minimum of 2 years with individuals with developmental disabilities
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
We believe it’s our job to take care of the PEOPLE (you) who take care of our PEOPLE (individuals we serve)! Therefore, we offer:
- FREE virtual doctor visits with a prescription DISCOUNT card for all employees and members of the employee’s household.
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities through Branch Bank.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually to further your education endeavors for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance, and 401K for eligible employees.
For more information, please visit www.cg-idd.com.
Keywords: Residential Support Staff, RSS, Direct Support Professional, Direct Service Provider, DSP, Caregiver, Caretaker, Community Facilitator, Dayhab, Day Habilitation, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA