Direct Support Professional
We are looking for: Part-Time, Direct Support Professionals in (Martinez GA)
Shift and Shift hours: Friday/Saturday 11:45pm-8am
Pay Starting at: $11
Caregiver is a leading Texas-based provider of services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) that supports clients with the design, delivery, and management or personalized treatment plans in order to help them lead their best lives. We are looking for Direct Support Professionals to join our team!
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those, we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
Essential Responsibilities / Job Duties
- Facilitates consumers in daily living activities on an assigned shift, including but not limited to: personal hygiene, dining skills, housekeeping skills, social skills, and community access, etc.
- Provides direct support to and assists consumers in training activities as specified in ISPs and activity schedules.
- Aids in mobility as needed for those using wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
- Assists in bedroom maintenance and teaches housekeeping skills and care of clothing.
- Assists with meal service teach dining skills and promote social skills and personal dignity during meals.
- Administers medications and treatments according to company policy.
- Is assigned as a Primary Person (P2) for one or more consumers. Ensures the wellbeing at all times of the consumer(s) to whom the P2 is assigned.
- Attends and successfully completes in-service training sessions as scheduled.
- Serves as a role model and mentor to fellow Direct Support Professionals.
- Completes data collection, observation notes, and daily reports as directed by agency policy and procedure.
- Assists consumers in transportation as needed.
- Participates as a member of the Individual Support Team giving input toward the consumer’s ISP.
- Monitors consumers’ activities to ensure that safety and health care practices are observed. Ensures Universal Precaution Practices are observed.
- Participates in and may be responsible for the daily operation of the home in one or more of the following areas: grocery shopping, overseeing consumers’ money, monitoring of the physical plant and van maintenance, or monitoring of the house medications.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned to fulfill the agency philosophy and the goals and objectives of the program site.
- Treats consumers with dignity and respect.
- Promotes independence, choice, and empowerment of consumers.
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school education or its equivalent is required.
- Some previous experience in supporting/assisting those with disabilities is preferred.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background checks as required by federal and/or state laws and any other post-offer, pre-employment screenings as mandated by a governing agency or the company.
Why join Caregiver?
Our mission is to enable people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives with dignity, independence, and inclusion. We are committed to creating a world-class experience for the individuals we serve.
Inspired by the company’s founders more than 30 years ago, we work hard to keep that “family feel” across each of our locations. We want to be your home away from home.
Professional Growth Opportunities
95% of our organizational leaders started as direct care professionals. By taking a proactive approach in our employee’s growth and professional development, we mitigate employee turnover, increase employee satisfaction, and drive productivity.
- FREE virtual doctor visits and prescription DISCOUNT card for ALL employees AND family, save hundreds per visit!
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
For more information on our organization, please visit our website https://cg-idd.com/
Keywords: Residential Support Staff, DSP, Direct Support Professional, Direct Service Provider, DSP, Caregiver, Caretaker, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA