Job Description — Benefits Business Partner, Leave Program Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Manager, Total Rewards
Coordinates the support for all leave of absence cases, including FMLA, ADA, ATO, and workers’ compensation claims. Effectively coordinates all cases/claims to include general administration, comprehensive case management, and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related employment laws. Performs exemplary customer service and assistance to team members, executives, human resources, and payroll.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the leave and workers’ compensation programs in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of the Total Rewards Manager and HR leadership.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). Ensures that the workers’ compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers’ compensation laws, including the OSHA 300 log, OSHA 301 and 301a reports.
- Administers all aspects of leave and workers’ compensation programs. Provides extensive case management and coordinates administrative aspects of the cases and claims. Conducts/coordinates investigations into all reported workers’ compensation claims.
- Independently approves and/or denies leave cases based on relevant medical information. Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed. Ensures that all reportable workers’ compensation claims are submitted to the company’s vendor within 48 business hours from the date of the incident.
- Manages all administrative aspects of leave and workers’ compensation claims to include tracking hours used/taken and working closely with the HR and Payroll teams to ensure that pay for team members is accurate and correct.
- Works closely with team members to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintains appropriate contact with all team members on leave and coordinates all aspects of return to work for team members on leave.
- Conducts initial investigations of alleged fraudulent activity of all leave cases and workers’ compensation claims. Works closely with the HRBP team to identify, research and resolve matters.
- Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases and workers’ compensation claims. Presents reports as requested.
- Partners closely with all HR business partners on all leave cases and workers’ compensation claims. Meets regularly with HRBPs to review claims’ status and develops strategies for resolution.
- Manages STD/LTD programs and vendor relationships. Ensures that STD claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases.
- Partners closely with HRBPs on all leave related cases/claims. Meets regularly to review the status of cases/claims and develops legally sound strategies for a mutually beneficial resolution.
- Assists in the creation and facilitation of leave administration and workers’ compensation training programs
- Preserves confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws. Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Manages the company’s Allowed Time Off (ATO) program, including assigning, allotting, adjusting, updating, and monitoring ATO balances and submissions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into a comprehensive work plan.
- Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management.
- Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to multi-task and drive multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information.
- Demonstrated problem solving, time management, and priority setting skills.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, and ACA-related state and federal regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of experience in Human Resources.
- Three years of experience in managing leave cases (FMLA, STD) and workers’ compensation claims.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), and/or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification credential.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Interested in learning more about this opportunity? Please apply on our website @ www.cg-idd.com/careers