The Area Director is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, organizing and implementing the systems, processes and programs needed to provide services to individuals served ensuring services meet State licensing standards and contract obligations, level of service and program model. Ensures that the program and all personnel represent the organization’s standard of care in a highly professional manner and that all program staff and contractors are adequately skilled and motivated to implement a comprehensive program model.
Essential Responsibilities/Job Duties
- Assists Regional Director in marketing Daybreak services to the community; state schools, MRA’s, etc.
- Attends individual pre-placement meetings
- Ensures that designated Team Member attends annual PDP meetings for all individuals. Area Director shall attend as necessary
- Ensures services are provided as written on the IPC
- Ensures compliance with all regulations of the TDMHMR, HCS, DADS, TxHmL and DB-MD Waiver programs, as applicable
- Audits service delivery notes and day habilitation notes
- Tracks services and reviews documentation of service providers
- Oversees purchase of adaptive aids and necessary home modifications
- Reviews individual utilization sheets for over/under utilization; adjusts as necessary
- Assesses and makes suggestions regarding Team Member and individual interactions and household activities.
- Oversees and ensures efficient use of resources including, but not limited to, costs associated with vehicle maintenance and usage, grocery expenditures, utilities and payroll costs
- Authorizes expenses up to $500.00
- Responsible for duties as the Local Safety Coordinator and Rights Committee Team Member
- Participates in Team duties as assigned
- Provides input to Regional Director regarding regional budgets
- Assists Regional Director in resolution of Team Member/Individual complaints
- Coordinates with Regional Director on strategic planning and growth
- Uses Daybreak’s Guiding Principles and Principles of Decision-Making to ensure the mission statement is evident in all areas of responsibility
- Prepares monthly billing reviews to ensure accuracy and complete billing.
- Responsible for marketing Daybreak program to the community/state schools, MRAs, etc.
- Reviews and approves time sheets
- Maintains regular attendance and timeliness in assigned duties
- Perform all other job duties as assigned by your management.
- Directly supervises Administrative Team Members, Support Managers, Day Habilitation Director, Nurses, Team Member Coordinators, and Maintenance Team Members as assigned
- Responsible for employment actions in respective area including, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, disciplining, rewarding, evaluating and terminating of employees
- Ensures all Team Members are trained on the philosophy, policies and procedures of Daybreak and individual PDPs and needed support prior to working with an individual
- Ensures corrective action process is followed if Team Members fail to meet the required expectations of Daybreak or if Daybreak policies and/or procedures are
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Schedules pre-employment, random and post-accident drug screens.
- Excellent writing skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work in a professional environment
- Extensive knowledge of the HCS, DB-MD, DADS, and TxHmL Waiver programs and TDMHMR
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in social services field preferred or related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years working with individuals with developmental disabilities.